The Nimiq Foundation, which is the organization developing the Nimiq blockchain, has a program to fund projects that contribute to the Nimiq ecosystem and incentivize adoption of the cryptocurrency.
If you have an idea for a project that you need a little help getting off the ground, the Nimiq Community Funding Board would love to give you a helping hand with funding, mentorship and much, much more.
Project Proposal Template
Below you can find a suggested template for a project proposal. You can also find a real proposal example here.
Include a detailed explanation of what is the goal of the project. Describe its audience, desired features and general features.
Team members, their area of expertise, role and relevant information.
Describe the different parts of your project that need funding and be specific about how you plan to use the funds for each separate part. Is important to provide reasonable, well-thought realistic expenses like:
- Infrastructure costs (like servers hosting)
- Security audits from Team Nimiq.
- Technical advice from Team Nimiq.
- UI/UX design from Team Nimiq.
- Miscellaneous costs required to create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) or, in the case of a not-for-profit project, costs to maintain the project.
Rewards might be given to participants in the project. Such rewards are decided by the board by analyzing the project itself and the work it was necessary to carry out.
Have you received, or plan to receive, funding other than the requested to the Nimiq Community Funding Board. This includes planned business models for your project.
In case of software or application development, is the project:
- Open Source
- Backend/Frontend or both
For the kind of business, is the project:
Detailed Project Plan
Must include expected development times for a software or application project. Goals and ways to mesure progress for other kind of projects. Details about future ideas or follow-up projects are also appreciated.
Demo or Precedents
If any, include: prototypes, mock-ups. initial designs, previous instantiations or executions of the project.
How to request for Project Funding
- Check the Community Funding Trello for discussion on projects proposals.
- Ask in Telegram/Discord, or check in the section Project Ideas of the Nimiq forum, for ideas of possible projects.
- Read the official announcements of the Nimiq Community Funding Board Meetings.
- Read carefully the suggested Project Template in the section above.
- Send a PDF document with all the information and the project proposal to [email protected].
- Your proposal will be discussed in the next Community Funding Board Meeting and a decision will be made publicly in the Community Funding Trello.